Re: 777-style cabin windows on 767-400(ER)

Date:         26 Oct 98 02:59:11
From:         Marc Schaeffer <marcmsc*@cmdnet.lu>

Karl Swartz wrote:
> I just read this in AW&ST.  This seems like a pretty significant change
> to the fuselage structure.  How does it affect certification?

Even if this is no direct answer to your question, I remember that the CEO of AA
called the 764 a new type of aircraft. Thus commonality with the 763 and 772
must be reduced. This was one of the reasons why AA hasn't chosen the 764 so
far. So the 764 seems indeed to be a lot different (gear, wing, engines,
cockpit, interior, windows ...) from the classic 767s. Can we start talking of
767NG ;)

--
Marc Schaeffer --- Luxembourg --- mailto:marcmsc@cmdnet.lu
The DE HAVILLAND COMET website:       http://surf.to/comet