Re: Sighted a shock wave above airliner wing

Date:         26 Oct 98 02:59:10 
From:         Scott Decker <>
Organization: Enterprise Server Group
References:   1 2 3 4
Followups:    1
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

Just a quick question on this over the wing subject. When working
at the Carson City airport years ago, (gas jockey, I mean Fuel Delivery
Engineer) I remember seeing small tabs on the tops of the wings of
business jets. I was told that these were vortex generators or something
like that. I seem to recall some of these on the larger i.e. 737 and up size
airliners. What function do these tabs serve and is it to reduce the shock
wave that's in topic?  Just my PCB Layout brain wanting to know....

Scott Decker
Enterprise Server Group CO3
Intel Corporation
Ph: (503)-677-6582 E-MAIL: