Re: A340-500/600 and B777-200X/-300X

Date:         05 Jan 98 23:43:03
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>> Personally not, but marketing tends to sway passengers towards non-stops
>> so those who don't think this through will tend to want a non-stop
>> before wishing for a flight with a stop-over.

>I don't think that marketing has a lot to do with this. A lot
>of PAX don't ask beforehand or know when they set of on some
>routes (eg. LHR to SE Asia or Austrailia) just what the details
>are.

Perhaps not directly, but airlines play all sorts of games to get their
flights listed at the top of the screen on reservations systems.  Doing
this is a marketing function, and minimizing trip time is usually a good
way of biasing the display in your favor.  Obviously a non-stop has a
big advantage in reducing trip time.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com