Re: RR, PW and GE

Date:         05 Oct 98 00:27:02
From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)

In article <airliners.1998.1503@ohare.Chicago.COM>, I wrote:
>I will give you a brief list of aircraft over 100 seats.  Market share
>and fleet size (including those on order) are very rough estimates:

[list snipped]

Just want to make a note, it's obvious that I listed market share based
on original engine choice. I did not include re-engining share, such as
the DC-8 and B727.

>Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific used to have an all-R-R fleet, but now has a
>sizable CFM56-powered A340 fleet.  I can't think of any major airlines
>with an all-R-R fleet.

With the recent A340 order by Emirates, R-R said in its press release
said that Emirates will eventually become an all-Trent airline.