Re: TWA 800 wingtip separation

Date:         24 Jan 98 02:53:42
From:         Marc Schaeffer <marcmsc@geocities.com>

John Cheung wrote:
> Less than a week ago (on Friday Dec 19), a SilkAir Airline Boeing 737
> broke up in mid-air on a clear day from Jakarta to Singapore, with no
> apparent cause, killing all on board.   Eye witnesses were reported to
> see the plane crashing down with the right hand wing separated.
> Some newsgroup comments point to the similarity with this TWA crash.

To add more confusion I read that the a/c was grounded for oil/fuel
leakage problems and that this was the first (and last) flight after the
problem was supposedly fixed. I have this information from a press
report and also read it two days earlier in a mailing list. Be careful
with similarity on the TWA crash.

Rgds,
Marc Schaeffer, Luxembourg // mailto:marcmsc@geocities.com
WWW  http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8803/
De Havilland COMET and aircraft orders homepage