Re: Fuel Dump Question

Date:         05 Oct 98 00:26:27
From:         "David G. Davidson" <tristar500@earthlink.net>

Scott Decker wrote:
> Can ALL the fuel be dumped in a situation like this? Is
> it possible to accidentally starve your own engines if you forget to stop?

I dug out my DC-10 and MD-11 books and on both airplanes when tank 1 and 3
reaches 11,000 lbs and tank 2 reaches 12,000 lbs, the transfer pump turns off
and transfer valve for that tank closes automatically.

It appears that the only difference, besides that the MD-11's system is
vastly more complicated, is that on the MD-11 the dump valves will close
automatically, while on the DC-10 the FE will have to close them.

Dave