Re: RAT for CVR

Date:         21 Sep 98 00:32:00
From:         cowboy@ram.net.au

  wb8foz@netcom.com (David Lesher) wrote:
> There are very valid reason for not putting the CVR onto the
> last-chance emergency battery bus, but how about on its own
> deployable ram air turbine?

The power must also be supplied to the Flight Data Acquisition Unit that
collects the data and converts it to a form that can be recorded.

On the subject of power availability to the DFDR or the CVR in the back
end of the aeroplane, there is a source available, the APU battery.

This assisted in the start up of the APU, is fully charged and has no
other purpose as far as I can see once the APU is running and providing
power to the buses

cowboy