Re: A340-500/600 and B777-200X/-300X

Date:         05 Jan 98 23:43:02
From:         Andrew Cruickshank <andrew@openkast.com>

jf mezei wrote:
> > >- Are the passengers ready to stay that long in an a/c ?
>
> Personally not, but marketing tends to sway passengers towards non-stops
> so those who don't think this through will tend to want a non-stop
> before wishing for a flight with a stop-over.

I don't think that marketing has a lot to do with this. A lot
of PAX don't ask beforehand or know when they set of on some
routes (eg. LHR to SE Asia or Austrailia) just what the details
are.

Non-stops are more reliable. If you get delayed on a stopover
for some technical reason in some obscure outpost you can get
stuck for 24hrs. A small ATC or minor technical delay can knock
out a connection.

Andrew.