Re: Concord Climb rate ?

Date:         21 Sep 98 00:31:36
From:         "Paul" <fedex1@gateway.net>

Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.Chicago.COM> wrote in article <airliners.1998.1369@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> >>As for being too light, I wasn't aware of any *minimum* weight
> >>regulations for airliners or any other sort of aircraft.
>
> >The HS-125-800 (Hawker 800) has a minimum zero fuel weight of 13,100 pounds.
>
> Interesting.  Why?!  The only reason I can think of is that the aircraft
> might not have flight tested in that part of the envelope ...

The A300's and A310's that fedex flys all have minumum flt wts, if we don't
put freight on them then fuel must be allocated as ballast weight to bring
the airframe up to the minumum flt weight.  I've been told by every
crewmember that I asked that this is because that weight was the weight
that the airframe was certified at when it left the factory.
If anyone can add any info I for one would be glad to hear it.

Paul