Re: Habsheim accident (was: Re: Airbus Safer?)

Date:         10 Sep 98 03:04:17
From:         "J. B." <jbartolo@pacbell.net>

PS2727 wrote:
> If I am flying at 30 ft and high AOA and want to "go around" I would add
> power and pull up, expecting the elevators to go up and engines to
> accelerate. From what I understand about the A320 control systems this
> is not necessarily what happens in all cases.

I'm not an expert on all the details of this incident, but I thought
that regardless of the computers and flight control system, if you're at
the far end of the power curve (max power and high AOA) the only thing
you have left is to lower the nose to gain airspeed. If you're at 30
AGL, you have no options.

Jim B.