Re: AF Triple Seven double Engine Trouble at Tenerife

Date:         09 Sep 98 04:12:32
From:         "Andrew Mountford." <mumphie@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>

Pete Finlay wrote in message ...
>In article <airliners.1998.1203@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Gregory Travis <greg@sherrill.kiva.net> writes
>><Forgotten airline> volcanic ash ingestion.  All four engines shut down
>>for a period.  Eventually got some or all (?) back on line.
>
>British Airways 747-236, over by Jakarta. I think they got 3 of them
>back. I'll look it if anyone's interested.

I read about that incident and apparently the crew were magnificent; one
part I liked was a joke made by the chief purser to a business class
passenger..."you don't have an important meeting to get to do you; only if
we can't get the engines started we'll be up here all night!'

If they did say that then top hat well and truley off to the bloke!!