Re: Boeing craziness (was Re: 767-400 "a different type"?)

Date:         02 Sep 98 01:08:16
From:         "Larry Sakurai" <medfordite@email.msn.com>

Colleen M Wabiszewski wrote in message ...
>>The 737NG has some 700 ordres before it started flight tests, now this
>>is strange ;)
>
>Granted, however the 737 NG was a minor mod compared to the redesign
>involved with the 717.

The NG is a minor modification compared to the 717?  The NGs have brand new
wings!  And the CFM-56s aren't the same as those on the 300/400/500 family;
they're more advanced.  Now I'd like to see the 717 be successful-- Douglas'
last legacy in the commercial transport business, but when Boeing cut the
MD-90, it's hard for me to see how the 717-- without a family stablemate--
will compete well against Fairchild-Dornier's products, and others.