Re: Boeing craziness (was Re: 767-400 "a different type"?)

Date:         02 Sep 98 01:08:15
From:         niels@lofgren.demon.co.uk (niels sampath)

           colleen.m.wabiszewski#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com
           "Colleen M Wabiszewski" writes:

> >The 737NG has some 700 ordres before it started flight tests, now this
> >is strange ;)
>
> Granted, however the 737 NG was a minor mod compared to the redesign
> involved with the 717.

Interesting perspective.  I had thought it was rather more the other way
`round (tho I wouldn't say `minor').
I thought the 737NG has a whole new wing whereas the MD-95
has the DC-9 wing...just a slight angle of attack diff.  Tho I guess
the MD has a greater change of engines/avionics and resulting certification
hurdles compared to the 737 changes.

--
-Niels