Re: Habsheim accident (was: Re: Airbus Safer?)

Date:         02 Sep 98 01:07:54
From:         proctor@sequence.stanford.edu (Michael Proctor)

> I seriously doubt you can produce any evidence to substantiate this
> theory.  The pilots waited too long to pull up, but to blame it on their
> ignorance of the terrain is neither credible nor consistent with any of
> the reports on the accident which I've encountered.

I always wonder about the argument that, if there hadn't been computer
aided control of the aircraft, the pilots efforts to pull the aircraft up
would have most likely caused a stalled resulting in a much more
destructive accident then the controlled descent into some trees, that
resulted in only three deaths.

Michael

--
reply: remove NO SPAM