Re: How come...

Date:         25 Aug 98 00:53:33
From:         checkmy@sig.gov (Ray Clawson)

On 23 Aug 98 14:33:48 , Ralf.Sipple@t-online.de wrote:
>Scott Jacobson <75706.2201@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> Opening thethrust reverser buckets on these airplanes allows water to drain
>> & provides some FOD protection.
>
>and how are they operated then once the engines are shut down.
>simply pull the thrust reverser levers and switch on some
>electrically operated hydraulic pumps?

In general, most tr's are hydraulically operated.

I was told that the tr's are opened on the ground to stop the wind
from blowing through the engine and causing the rotating sections to
spin, thus causing wear on the main engine bearings due to lack of
sufficient oil pressure.

Ray Clawson

--
Be very, very careful what you put into that head,
because you will never, ever get it out.