Re: UA A321 ?

Date:         23 Aug 98 14:33:44
From:         "Larry Sakurai" <medfordite@email.msn.com>

James Matthew Weber wrote in message ...
>With all due respect, this is the proverbial apples and oranges. You
>are comparing the 737-200/300 and 727-200 to the A320, which is a much
>later aircraft ...

>  If you would like to compare the A320 to the 737-NG, I think you
>will find the 737-NG actually flies a good faster than the A320, has
>longer range than the A320, and is probably at least as fuel
>efficient ...

Not only that, even the old 200s cruise faster than the A320s.  They were
designed at a time when speed was a bigger issue than it is today.  I don't
know how the fuel economy of the 737 NGs stack up to the A320s, but with
their newer wings and powerplants, I would imagine they're pretty
competitive.