Re: pre-Farnborough comments [long]

Date:         19 Aug 98 16:01:29
From:         spagiola@my-dejanews.com

marcmsc*@cmdnet.lu wrote:
> I am pretty sure that the 728/528/928JET program will be a big success. They
> have already 165 commitments from 4 customers and the commonality of the
> bird, will give it's operators the same advantages as on a 320 or 737NG.

The idea looks good, but (i) the schedule they've committed to is incredibly
tight; can they deliver? and (ii) is there a large enough market to support
that many models? Commitments at this point mean relatively little. Recall
that EMBRAER had over 300 signed options for the EMB-145 in late 1990, from
airlines such as Comair, Mesaba, Skywest, Business Express, and WestAir. How
many of them are operating EMB-145s today? (granted that the EMB-145 was
substantially delayed).

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.