Re: Airbus Safer?

Date:         19 Aug 98 00:57:29
From:         spagiola@my-dejanews.com

"Galen L. Hinshaw" <davinci@atomic.net> wrote:
> Darryl Morrison wrote in message ...
> >It seems like Airbus Aircraft are alot safer than Boeing aircraft.  You
> >don't hear of FAA reccomendations concering Airbus...
> >
> >What do you guys think?

Ah, just what we needed. Another Airbus vs Boeing flamewar.

> Maybe you aren't aware that the A-320 doesn't have control cables and
> therefore no manual reversion? And maybe you've never seen the film footage
> of the A-320 reaching extreme attitudes as the pilot fights the computer for
> control of the airplane. Or the airshow crash of an A-320 whose computers
> would not allow the pilot to perfofm a go-around because the airplane was in
> landing configuration. Or the A-320 that crashed in Russia...the computer
> would not allow the pilot to increase altitude (a deviation from the preset
> flight plan) in order to clear terrain.
> Any more questions?

Yes. Please identify the airline and date of this supposed A320 crash in
Russia, and a source for your conclusions regarding its cause. You might also
want to note that your interpretation of the cause of the Habsheim crash is
not that of the official crash report.

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.