Re: TWA 800 Graphics and Simulations indicate probable cause:

Date:         18 Aug 98 01:04:47
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>The remainder of the plane shot up like a rocket, streaming flames.
>Those in the rear of the plane, like the wife and daughters of a man
>interviewed for the programme, were in all probability aware of what was
>happening.

Maybe, maybe not.  I recall hearing that many of the passengers were
killed long before impact with the water, by what amounted to severe
whiplash.  That would appear to be consistent with the aft section of
the aircraft pitching up very quickly after the forward section broke
away.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com