Re: 777 sighting

Date:         18 Aug 98 01:04:34
From:         "Duane Ward" <dward@paradoxnw.com>

k_ish wrote in message <35D0FE91.11946059@ix.netcom.com>...
>My friend was driving past March AFB (Riverside, CA) last Saturday
>evening.  On the ramp across the field, he saw a 777 painted with an AA
>fuselage and Boeing "factory" tail (777 diagonally up the fin).  He
>spent a few hours at an event nearby; the 777 flew overhead several
>times.  On his drive home, it was circling at fairly low altitude
>(3000'); this was about 10:30 at night.
>
>Anyone know what was going on?  Sounds thouroughly routine for Moses
>Lake, but not March AFB!

It may have actually been in full Boeing 'colors'.  The first two
777-300 were unpainted (silver fuselage) with red/white/blue strip down
the middle, with (as you describe) the 777 diagonaly up the tail.  From
a distance they do tend to look like AA planes (I still have to do a
double take when I drive by BFI and one of them is on the tarmac).

Duane