Re: B777 Central Maintenance Computer?

Date:         06 Aug 98 23:22:57
From:         alan@nospam.com (Alan)

On 19 Jul 98 22:07:26 , "eagle 1" <elmont@ibm.net> wrote:
>Does the B777 have a Central Maintenance Computer as an option for airlines
>to order, similar to the one installed on the B747-400?
>
>If so, is there an upgrade in the system from the B747-400.

As far as I know, the Maintenance Access Computer (MAT) is part of the
certification of the B-777 and, as such, is "standard equipment".  It
is much more advanced compared to the CMC on the 747-400 and is a
function of AIMS, Airplane Information Management System.  To upgrade
the 747 to the MAT, would be a major undertaking, since AIMS is highly
integrated into the airplane systems.