Re: Another Airbus question RE Flaps

Date:         06 Aug 98 23:22:40
From:         John Vincent Lombardi <uniphone@home.com>

>I notice that Airbus have assigned numbers to the stages of flap
>instead of the actual degree of flap being lowered as in Boeing aircraft
>
>Can someone tell me what degree of flap is lowered and what is the max
>IAS at each stage on an A320 please.

Hope this answers your questions. BTW, 1+F can only be selected on the
ground (<100 KTS) or inflight after retracting from 2 or greater (<210
KTS).

Position  Slats     Flaps     Max Speed      Remarks
1         18        0         230            Initial Approach
1(1+F)    18        10        215            Takeoff/Go Around
2         22        15        200            Takeoff/Approach
3         22        20        185            Takeoff/Approach/Landing
FULL      27        40        177            Landing

John Lombardi