Re: 1998 1st half order update

Date:         26 Jul 98 23:57:03
From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)

Galen L. Hinshaw <davinci@atomic.net> wrote:

>H Andrew Chuang wrote in message <6o6e8t$3pl@examiner.concentric.net>...
>>Boeing barely matches Airbus in the first half.  If you take away the
>>non-7-series sales (i.e., ex-MD products including 717), Boeing trails
>>Airbus by 41 planes!
>
>And if you take away the 300-series sales, Airbus trails Boeing by 282
>planes! What's the point? Sales are sales.

The point is in the pre-MD-acquisition days, Boeing was able to maintain
60-70% market share with its 7-series family.  Now, even with the Douglas
aircraft, Boeing has been struggling with the market share for the past
year and a half, especially the past six months.  Airbus marketing has
been extremely aggresive, and I'm simply making a note.