Re: end of the line for the MD-11

Date:         11 Jul 98 03:00:25
From:         mechb747@aol.com (MechB747)

>I have heard that NW is in no hurry of replacing their DC-10s.  That's
>why they have bought several used -30s in the past few years.  OTOH,
>it does appear that NW will take the A330 and may even order more.
>The A330 is a natural replacement for the DC-10.

They just bought 3 more from Thai(?) I think.

I've been hearing that NW plans to fly their DC-10s and DC-9s for AT
LEAST 10 more years or more.  They figure they have 23 years of service
left in them or something like that!!!  Are they really going to be
getting A330s?  I thought they changed most (or all) of those options to
A320s.   I think the MD-11 is a natural replacement for the DC-10...
there are a lot being returned from the airlines.

Matt
Student Pilot, 747 Assembler.
http://members.aol.com/mechb747...under construction...