Re: AF Triple Seven double Engine Trouble at Tenerife

Date:         11 Jul 98 03:00:13
From:         tschell@s.psych.uiuc.edu (Terry Schell)

"Thomas J. Bueld" <tjbueld@netside.de> writes:
<snip>
>For me it is for shure that the development of Mega size Engines will
>become People Killer. It is unbelievable that both manufactures and
>Certification Instituitions are continuing to allow this type of
>Megatwins to operate in remote areas of the world (oceans) on a 180 min

>EROPS basis from of the production lines despite of the known series of
>Engine troubles. There are Aircrafts on offer like 747s, MD11s and
>A340s, which are much more healthier to travellers like the aircraft
>mentioned above.

>How long will public kept in the dark about the risk in choosing such
>aircrafts ? Any comment ?

Well, your post makes it quite clear that the public is being kept
in the dark.

Twins aren't "people killers".  In fact, how many air disasters can
you trace to engine failure on a twin?  Since the vast bulk of air
transport occurs in twins, and virtually no accidents are directly
attributable to the lack of extra engine, I think your post
demonstrates extreme ignorance.