Re: Pilot's Braking Options

Date:         01 Jul 98 02:42:35
From:         cmarcum@juno.com (C E Marcum)

On 29 Jun 98 02:38:24  cp@panix.com (Charles Platt) writes:
>Is this all just a figment of my imagination, or are some pilots
>sometimes
>in the habit of using heavy braking to avoid a more lengthy route from
>the
>runway to the gate?

It is not a figment of your imagination. Some pilots are very cognizant
of giving passengers the best ride possible (while saving their company a
ton of money on brake jobs) and others are more interested on getting you
(and/or themselves) to the gate as quickly as possible. And I'm sure
there are a few who could care less about you being back there.

Charlie

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Charles E. Marcum
CMarcum@juno.com
CEMarcum@usms.org
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]