Re: A 777 with four engines.

Date:         01 Jul 98 02:42:30
From:         "Neil Gerace" <geracen@wantree.com.au>

Garry Forrest wrote in message ...
>The folks who buy and operate engines think less is better. If we could
>figure out how to strap a single engine to a fuselage, believe me we'd
>do it. (But where would you put the revenue bodies?)

Really? From the point of view of the person who has to pay for and
maintain engines, sure. But from the point of view of the person who has
to explain to victims' relatives why the plane they died in had no spare
engines when one failed, definitely not.

Besides, doesn't a civilian single-jet aircraft exist already? I saw a
picture of one recently, it had the intake above the rear part of the
fuselage. and the exhaust under the tail, like a 727.

Neil