Re: Questions from a Newbie...

Date:         01 Jul 98 02:42:27
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>Very nice stuff, and these guys were proud of it.
>Ask nice, and you'll generally get at least a quick look.

Or better.  I had a very nice chat with the crew of a brand new
777-200IGW before our departure from LHR.  They were proud of having
operated the first scheduled eastbound trip across the pond the day
before.  I pointed out that if they checked the aircraft's log they
would find that it had being doing the trip for a week already.  The
captain noted how the company never gave them the straight story and we
moved on to more interesting topics about the plane and how it compared
to the non-IGW 777 and to 747s, but a few hours into the flight a flight
attendant showed up at my seat with a bottle of Dom Perignon, courtesy
of our captain.  :-)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com