Re: Boeing 767-400

Date:         01 Jan 97 20:59:22
From:         musjnd@gsu.edu (Jonathan N. Deitch)

	jfmezei <nospam.jfmezei@videotron.ca> writes:

> I am puzzled that Boeing doesn't seem to be pushing a roll out of the
> 777-FBW system across its entire product line to enhance its position
> against Airbus which has a fair amount of cockpit commonality across its
> models.

I would imagine it's because Boeing wants to keep commonality between each
particular *class* of airplane ... thus an airline operating earlier versions
of the 737 or 767 or whatever doesn't have troubles retraining for the new
setup.

By contrast, the 747-400, at least as far as I noticed, was marketed almost
like it was a completely new airplane (which it kinda is) ...

- Jonathan

Roddenberry, Asimov, Henson, Dr. Seuss, Mel Blanc, Friz Freleng ...  Sigh ...