Re: DC-8's in Tulsa

Date:         16 Apr 97 01:55:57
From:         "Mark E. Ingram" <markt@mickey.mo-net.com>

On 15 Apr 1997, Jeff Cybulski wrote:

> Does anyone know any info. on the 3 Alitalia DC-8's that have
> beeb in storage in Tulsa? I've been here 6 years and thay have
> not moved.

Jeff, I don't think you will ever see those moved, except as scrap.  I
took a look at those up close a few months ago, and they are in shambles
(no engines, parts canibalized, and lots of deterioration).  I was told -
completely unofficially - that whoever owned them at the time they were
parked defaulted (or just abandoned them), and someone had then foreclosed
on the airframes to pay the parking fees.

Again, this is second-hand hearsay, so take it for what it is worth.

Regards,

Mark E. Ingram

MarkT@Mo-Net.Com (also mingram@mail.orion.org)