Re: Boeing 767 & 757 Airfoil Data

Date:         09 Apr 97 03:09:27
From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>

Matt Ford wrote:
> I am looking for the following data for the Boeing 767 & 757 wings:
>
> ***NACA or NASA airfoil number, or a close approximation.
> ***Angle of incidince across the wing.

	The all Boeing airliners since the 727 have airfoils custom designed by
Boeing engineers.  The 707-100 airfoils are NACA 6X series sections on
modified NACA 230 and 60 series camber lines.  By the time of the
707-300 these had been seriously butchered by the Yehuda, etc.

	Boeing does not put their airfoil coordinates or test data in the
public domain.  However, the wind tunnel test of a 737-200 is reported
in NASA TN D-5971, and the report contains airfoil coordinates.
Similarly, NASA CR-159093 contains the coordinates of an airfoil that is
either that on the outboard wing of the 767 or is closely related to
such.