Re: 767-400ERX (Was `Delta A340 order?')

Date:         01 Jan 97 20:59:22
From:         jfmezei <nospam.jfmezei@videotron.ca>

Niels Sampath wrote:
> Today's (Dec18th) `Flight Int'l' magazine has a decent little article on
> Boeing's efforts to get Delta to launch the 767-400. These efforts
> indicate that the 6m stretched 767 proposal is targeted at the
> A330-200 (which lends credence to the A330-200 size/range class).
> It also means that if Boeing is doing this Delta is not interested in
> any A340 or 777 order after all(?).

Out of curiosity, are these just speculations from that magazine, of
report from leaks by "an informed source", or based on an official
Boeing statement ?

If an official Boeing statement, is this designed as a strategy against
Airbus, or reporting actual true blue reality ?

I tend to disbeleive that such statements would be "official" since
companies involved in negotiations would not really wish to report what
is REALLY happening.