Re: A319 engines thrust changes during climbing

Date:         09 Apr 97 03:09:26
From:         tombros@ifi.unizh.ch (Dimitrios Tombros)
Followups:    1 2 3

	Robert Kochersberger <rckeg@unity.ncsu.edu> writes:

> 	FWIW, I rode in the cockpit of a Swissair A319 earlier this month
> from Zurich to Paris, and there was no such reduction of power. Takeoff
> and climb to FL290 were done in what I thought was the "normal" way--high
> power until reduction for cruise.

How did you manage to ride in the cockpit of a Swissair aircraft for t/o.
I have been flying Swissair for about 12 years every other month and I
never had the chance to be there during an interesting flight procedure,
although I have asked (always unsuccesfully) to be in the cockpit for the
landing. By the way I have been in the cockpit for landing in Olympic
airways.

On a more general note: what is the situation about this on different
airlines. I know it is officially (ICAO ?) not permitted, but would be
interested on experience by others in the newsgroup.

D. Tombros.