Re: Boeing 747-400

Date:         30 Mar 97 03:54:27
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>A few years ago, United had the largest 747SP fleet.  I don't know which
>airline currently has the largest 747SP fleet.

Yep.  United had 11 out of 45.  Technically, they still had four as of
about a year ago, though all were stored with no chance of returning
to service.

>With most airlines having their -100s retired, I believe British
>Airways currently has the largest -100 fleet with a total of 15
>planes.

If so, they just passed United, which still had 17 in service as of
late last year.  It's now down to 14, with a least a couple more to
be retired this summer.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com