Re: Reg of MD-80 UHB demo a/c?

Date:         25 Mar 97 03:38:09
From:         "Hans Jakobsson" <hansj@algonet.se>

> Within Douglas this aircraft was known as '909' and for many years was
> the only flight test aircraft that DAC owned.  It was originally
> intended for delivery to SAS (? not sure) ...

Thanks to all for the info reg the MD-80 UHB!

This MD-80 was never intended for SAS - they received their first -80s in
1985. I think, but I'm not sure, that this a/c was set for Swissair. SAS is
incidentally operating the world's oldest MD-81 SE-DMX, an ex-Swissair bird
which was damaged in a landing accident in Northern Sweden a few weeks ago.

Happy Landings,
Hans J
hansj@algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~hansj/