Re: Curtains vs. plastic eyelids

Date:         25 Mar 97 03:38:08
From:         "Steven G. Thomson" <sthomson@{REMOVE}i1.net>

Charles Platt <cp@panix.com> wrote in article
<airliners.1997.786@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> LesTroyens (lestroyens@aol.com) wrote:
> > Was the 707 the first airliner to feature plastic eyelids instead of
> > curtains?
>
> I seem to remember the Vickers Viscount turboprop had curtains that you
> could draw across its big oval windows (much larger windows than on any
> jet airplane I've been in).

The Viscount did indeed have awesome cabin windows. The BAe Jetstream 31
has huge windows for a regional, must be a British tradition!

BTW, I flew on a CP Air DC-8 50 Series that had curtains instead of eyelids
on the cabin windows. It also had overhead stowage bins without doors. Come
to think of it, it also had legroom. What a novel concept
--
Steven G. Thomson
Arnold, Missouri

Address modified in an attempt to thwart spam-bots.
Please delete the {REMOVE} before replying!