Re: Carnival 737 problem

Date:         20 Mar 97 02:34:57 
From:         Reid Fairburn <>
References:   1
View raw article
  or MIME structure

At 03:14 AM 3/18/97, you wrote:
>Last month (Feb. 16) I was scheduled to leave PBI on a Carnival flight to
>JFK.  The 737-400 we were waiting for flew in a little late from Hartford,
>CT.  Rather than boarding on schedule, an announcement was made that
>because of the winter storm predicted later that night in the Northeast
>the captain "wanted the plane's navigation system checked."  After about
>an hour-and-a-half of further "maintenance delays" the flight was
>cancelled.  (It appeared to be an interesting coincidence that that flight,
>along with the next Carnival flight into Islip were both half full...)
>Does this sound kosher, or just a way of Carnival combining two flights?

Could be either way...Capt may well have had some VOR/DME or FMC/IRS
problems that should have been checked out.  In any case, I would do what
the Capt advises regardless of his reasons...if he doesn't want to go I
for damn sure don't want to go! :)

Reid Fairburn
Creative Kingdom, Inc.