Re: Use of Multiple Jetways

Date:         18 Mar 97 03:14:53
From:         don@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Don Stokes)

Jean-Francois Mezei  <"[nospam]jfmezei"@videotron.ca> wrote:
>Many airports do have a few gates with 2 jetways to service the same
>plane. Unfortunatly, usually one jetway is often used for business class
>and the other for the rest of the cattle so it is not a question of
>making entry/egress most efficient. ( The jetways use the 2 doors  in
>front of the wings)

Whenever I've been unloaded via two jetways, business & first classes get
unloaded first, before any of the cattle are let out, just like with normal
single door unloading.  Once they decide to release the sardines, the forward
door gets used for the right aisle, and the other door for the left aisle.
Two jetways empties a 747 surprisingly quickly.

--
Don Stokes, Network Manager, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
don@vuw.ac.nz(work) don@zl2tnm.gen.nz(home) +64 4 495-5052 Fax+64 4 471-5386