Re: Boeing cancels 747-500X/600X?

Date:         18 Mar 97 03:14:52
From:         faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure)

In article <airliners.1997.675@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Chuanga@cris.com (H
Andrew Chuang) wrote:

> At first, I thought Emirates would have the first Trent-powered IGW.
> With Malaysia receiving its first B777 next month, I'm not sure if
> Emirates will be the first one.  I do believe Emirates' first B777
> is currently involved in the certification of the Trent-powered IGW.

There is one Emirates 777 in the flight test fleet at this time.

> Also, I find it interesting that Malaysia was able to get earlier
> delivery positions than Singapore which ordered the B777 almost two
> months before Malaysia did.  I believe Singapore is getting its first
> B777 in early May.

The ceremony I attended was not a delivery ceremony.  The first MAS 777
had just come out of the paint hangar two nights earlier, an event I and
my crew stayed up all night to film.  The ceremony was more in the way of
a presentation or unveiling of the plane to the airline's chairman and
other officials.  Its actual delivery is not scheduled until early May.

C. Marin Faure
  author, Flying A Floatplane