Re: SF-340 and ATR-72 speeds?

Date:         18 Mar 97 03:14:51
From:         Bill Chivers <Bill@chivcons.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1997.668@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Mika Tamminiemi
<f1mita@uta.fi> writes
>could anyone tell me a typical

Can't help with the SF-340, but for the ATR-72:

>- climb speed

170-190 IAS

>- holding speed

Around 180 kts but very dependant on weight and flight conditions (icing
/ non-icing). Normal technique is to set a fuel flow and then monitor
speed, increasing power or selecting flaps if speed decays too much.

>- Vref / approach / threshold speed

Again, highly weight and flight conditions dependant. I'll mail you some
data in a few days after I'm next at work.

>for SF-340 and ATR-72 aircraft?
>
>Cruise is presumably at about 270 kts. Is this IAS or nil wind GS?

Correct. True Air Speed is the term you're looking for.

>I'd love to fly SERIOUS IFR with my PC based simulator, so I'd
>appreciate the real thing, not vague 1.3 x stall stuff.
>Thanks guys!

No problem.

Bill Chivers
'Peace is good for business' - Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition
'War is good for business' - Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition