Re: 777 Tail wag fix

Date:         18 Mar 97 03:14:51
From:         simonlc@ozemail.com.au (Simon Craig)

>Boeing never managed to fix tail wag on the 747. The MSAS system on the
>200s never worked correctly and was removed.
>Just try a long hop in the last two rows in E zone, right down the back
>in the bear pit!

Hmmm, I flew London-Sydney on a QF 747-400 in the very last row (row 77 on
the plane I was on) and I have to say, I was surprised by the lack of tail
wag.  I had heard that it was pronounced, but it wasn't evident at all.  I
actually thought (on a non-smoking a/c!) that it was a great seat to be in,
as there was tons of room :-)

--
Simon Craig

--- Do you like old aircraft?  Visit my Connie Page!

<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~simonlc>