Re: Boeing NSA

Date:         09 Mar 97 22:55:39
From:         Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>

J. Heilig wrote:

> Bob Mann wrote:
> >
> > Any current information on the status of the Boeing "New Small
> > Aircraft"  project?  I understood it to be an aircraft targeted at
> > what is today termed the "regional jet" market segment (50-85 seats).
>
>         If you're talking about what they were calling the 7J7 several years
> ago, it's dead.  As far as I'm aware, Boeing has shown no interest
> recently in the 50-85 seat market segment...

Thanks.  As I recall it, the 7J7 effort dates from the late 1980's.  The
NSA project appears to be a new effort, to which Boeing has recently
named a project director.  Given the apparent airline interest in
efficient 50-85 seat aircraft, perhaps Boeing saw a need to revisit the
market segment.
--
- Bob Mann
  R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.