Re: Boeing cancels 747-500X/600X?

Date:         09 Mar 97 22:55:39
From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)
Followups:    1 2 3

>United has accepted their first one as well -- it was due at SFO late
>Friday evening.  I believe they are the first IGW operator with PW4000
>engines.  Malaysian's 777s have Trents; are theirs the first IGWs so
>equipped?  (BA has the GE90 on theirs, of course.)

At first, I thought Emirates would have the first Trent-powered IGW.
With Malaysia receiving its first B777 next month, I'm not sure if
Emirates will be the first one.  I do believe Emirates' first B777
is currently involved in the certification of the Trent-powered IGW.

Also, I find it interesting that Malaysia was able to get earlier
delivery positions than Singapore which ordered the B777 almost two
months before Malaysia did.  I believe Singapore is getting its first
B777 in early May.