Re: Splashproof?

Date:         09 Mar 97 12:39:41
From:         Reid Fairburn <cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com>

At 02:45 AM 3/1/97, you wrote:
>This came up in a discussion I was having with a friend.  How
>resistant are the electronics in a typical airliner cockpit to
>spilled drinks?  What sorts of procedural and deesign safeguards
>are there?

The airplane manufacturer usually specifies the needed level of resistance
to cockpit fluids that a requested piece of equipment must have.  Coffee,
water, and food type liquids are for sure tested on most all of the
displays and control panels on the pedestal, and probably in other places
also.  Don't know what the FAA requires for cert but it probably includes
some resistance to normal cockpit environmental fluids.

Reid Fairburn
Creative Kingdom, Inc.
cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com
206-946-9455/4815