Re: DC-7C Transatlantic Flight Questions

Date:         09 Mar 97 12:39:35
From:         Steve Lacker <slacker@arlut.utexas.edu>

Tom Gibson wrote:

> I realize that this is not in the area of modern commercial aviation,

Which makes it no less interesting to me, personally ;-)

[The charter for sci.aeronautics.airliners refers simply to airliners,
and transport-category aircraft.  Not jetliners, no reference to age,
not even commercial.  Karl]

> First, I'd just like a subjective opinion of what it was like to fly the
> DC-7C.  Was it a joy to fly, or a real bear?  I know, for example, that
> many pilots didn't like to fly the Viscount, because of it's    quite slow
> roll rate.  Did the '7C have any similar quirks?  Any good DC-7 or DC-7C
> stories? <G>

I have a second-hand DC-7C story. A co-worker flew occasionally on
-7C's, and remembers his a nighttime flight very clearly. -7C's were