Re: AA JFK-LHR

Date:         03 Mar 97 01:30:13
From:         tbird209@cris.com (An Interested Party)

On 31 Jan 97 14:29:25 , attaboy101@aol.com (Attaboy101) wrote:

>Forgive me if this has been covered already. I have noticed that American
>Airlines is flying some A300's on its JFK-LHR route, presumably replacing
>767's. What factors would go into the airline's decision to make this
>change? Thanks.

The A300-600's that AA is now using to Europe were recently freed up
from AA's Caribbean route system.  The airline is replacing them in
the Caribbean with hushkitted 727's and 757's.  The 767 aircraft from
the former near-european routes are being redeployed on AA's
ever-expanding South American and continental european services.