Re: Toilet sucks in child

Date:         01 Mar 97 18:42:16
From:         "john r." <john@guava.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1997.398@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Gerald M. Barca"
<jbarca@mindspring.com> writes
>  One of our favorite tricks as
>employees to show people how strong the vacuum is is to take the toilet
>paper and pull it across the cabin, placing the other end in the toilet and
>flushing.  A couple of seconds and one WHOOSH later and all of the paper is
>gone.

So YOU were the culprit, you naughty person !

It was doing such tricks that prvoved to be a major factor in creating
pipe blockages. The paper goes in dry and sticks to the slightest
obstruction.
Once in a while we throw ice cubes with acetic acid down the system to
clean it out, which seems to help. The major blockages now seem to be
caused by freeby cosmetic pots that fall in.

--
  _J_O_H_N____R_E_L_P_H____________   john@guava.demon.co.uk

                                 Teddington, Middlesex in Cold Old England.