Re: number of takeoffs per plane type

Date:         01 Mar 97 18:42:15
From:         "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>

Marc SCHAEFFER <marcmsc@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<airliners.1997.436@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> I'm looking to find a place on the net (or elsewhere) where I can find
> the following information for all current and older planes :
>
> - total number of takeoffs (and hopefully landings) per plane type
> - total number of flight hours per plane type
> - total number of passengers per plane type

     I don't think such information has been compiled.  The Bureau of
     Transportation Statistics has the nearest thing (other than insurance
     companies which may not be willing to share).  The BTS numbers will
     soon be available on the internet from the FAA Home Page (www.faa.gov)
     under System Safety Information (31 March) and may be available now at
     www.bts.gov.