Re: Airbus 320

Date:         01 Mar 97 02:45:01
From:         faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure)

In article <airliners.1997.469@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Rui Mayer"
<Ruimayer@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> I have recently noticed that whenever I fly on A320's I develop serious
> synus crises, which cause me severe head and nose pain.

Assuming that you are not a member of one of the governments who make up
the Airbus consortium, which could be a possible cause of your headaches,
it may be due to the operating practices of the airline in question rather
than the fault of the airplane itself.  I do not know enough about
heating, cooling, and pressurization systems to give you a list of
possible technical causes, but all these systems are governed either by
the components installed (filters, etc.) or operation by the flight crew.

I have flown on A320s on a few occasions and have found their cabin
environments to be no different than those of other airplanes.

C. Marin Faure
  author, Flying A Floatplane