Re: A330-300 of Air Inter

Date:         19 Feb 97 02:46:20
From:         TUKANO <immoeadj@cetus.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>
Followups:    1 2 3

Marc SCHAEFFER wrote:

> - Air Inter had 15 A330-300 on order, it looks like they have canceled
>   the order.
> - In Aero International I read the following :
>   - Aer Lingus will get a fifth A330 this summer (it will be from Air
>     Inter)
>   - Sabena will lease 3 Air Inter A330-300 to replace the A310-300,
>     until they get the recently ordered A330-200
> - Who can tell me why Air Inter gets rid of the A330-300
>   (no more needed, poor performance, ???)

Hi,
Air Inter is leasing out their A 330s, because the domestic french air
market has changed. The time of the monopoly of Air Inter is over since
1995, and competition means that they had to offer more frequencies vs
big aircraft. Air Inter is not able to fill the A330s on Toulouse-Orly
e.g. anymore. Their new strategy consists of putting a flight every half
an hour, but it is economically (probably) only suitable with A319s or
A320s.

BTW, Do you know the exact month when Sabena will get the A 330?

so long,
Tukano.
--
mailto:immoeadj@sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de